[wplug] Oracle 8.1.7 on RH7.3?

bombthroat at excite.com bombthroat at excite.com
Thu Sep 19 12:44:59 EDT 2002

 I am installing Oracle 8.1.7 on Red Hat 7.3 and am having problems with the Universal Installer starting. I am running ./runInstaller as an no privs user from within X and I get a message that it is "Initializing the Java Virtual Machine from ../stage/Components/oracle.swd.jre/1.1.8/1/DataFiles/Expanded/linux/bin/jre.  Please wait..."  but I never get the "welcome screen" as indicated by the Oracle installation instructions.  If anyone has had a similar issue or any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Bombthroat