[wplug] Any vmware users?

J Aaron Farr jaaronfarr at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 10 11:19:44 EDT 2002

Thanks for the clarification.

The issue is the XP copy is from the OEM restore CDs.

I've got a Sony Vaio that came loaded with a lot of software that I do like and
use, but I'm always in Linux and flipping back and forth is just a pain.  If I
try to re-install XP using the OEM CD, the first thing it will do if it can't
find a C:\ and D:\ drive is partition the hard drive back to the original setup
(I painfully found this out recently).  This means I pretty much *have* to
install XP first and then install Linux.

I could get my hands on a clean version of XP, but then I wouldn't be able to
load all the software that came with the VAIO, which is pretty nice and I'd
like to keep (I mean I did pay for it, so might as well use it).  Any other
suggetions?

jaaron