[wplug] Linux and laptops

Tim Quinlan tim at techfocus.net
Thu Jan 24 19:36:58 EST 2002

Hello All,
Over the past 3 years or so, we've over 900 Dell machines (probably 60%
desktop 30% laptop and 10% workstations/servers) for work and I can't recall
a single DOA.   The next day hardware support is really worth it too
(especially for laptops and servers).  We call in, explain the problem and it
is fixed by a contractor the next day.  Usually Unisys is the contractor in
the Pittsburgh area.

What a coincidence that your left mouse button fell off, mine fell off my
CPXJ twice!  Each time I called it in, the tech said something along lines of
"Gee, that's weird, never heard of that before...."  So it must be a really
rare problem.  But they didn't give me any guff and sent someone out to fix
it.