[wplug] New User Tutorial this Saturday

Peter Williams broadway at city-net.com
Thu Aug 15 13:44:13 EDT 2002

And James O'Kane didst rise up from the depths and spake thus:

> What: New User Tutorial - I hope to cover things everyone should know
> in their first year of linux-ification.
>
> How: Bring your computer so you can try out things and experiment. You
> need to bring your monitor/keyboard and everything else you need to make
> your computer go. Plan to be there and have everything setup by 10:30.

Hi folks -
I'm a lurker here, but have some questions on this since it's
something I'd like to attend if it works out.

If bringing a computer, should it have linux installed or no?  Is this
"play around with an already installed system to learn the tricks" or
"walk through an install starting from scratch" ?  Are we focusing
on any one distro?

Would someone be able to give myself and a computer a ride to
and from?  I'm in Squirrel Hill.

And should I still attend if I can't bring a computer (get a ride) ?

I do hope to get to this, and look forward to replies (copy me
privately if sending back to the list, I'm on digest).  Thanks.

All the best,
Peter