[wplug] Laptop Problem

Keir Josephson kjoseph at stargate.net
Wed Aug 14 22:53:59 EDT 2002

> have you tried galeon? it uses the mozilla engine to render the pages, but
> is slimmed down quite a bit. i normally use it for most things. it also has
> the nifty little input boxes at the top for google, freshmeat, etc. others
> probably have them, but i've never noticed. galeon comes with redhat.

I have tried galeon, but it performed at about the same level as mozilla
did. I like the search boxes to, but, unfortunately, I have to turn them
off on this box because with only a 12inch monitor and 800x600 max
resolution, they take up too much valuable real estate.

> to find out the _best_ a browser can preform try twm as the windows
> manager. if the preformance under twm is poor, i don't think you can get
> any better using gnome et. al.. if twm is ok try something a _little_
> heaver like xfce, icewm, or blackbox.

I'll give twm a shot. Thanks for the suggestion.

-Keir