[wplug] Backup packages

Bryce Lynch bryce at telerama.lm.com
Sat Oct 27 23:24:30 EDT 2001

On Sat, 27 Oct 2001, Edward Walter wrote:

> done the standard tar and cpio stuff.  I'm looking for something robust and
> native to linux now.  I'd also like something that can read my existing
> tapes which were written with arcserve.  Obviously, open source is better

I have had a great deal of success using AFbackup
(http://www.afbackup.org/).  While it will probably not be able to
interpret tapes used under Arcserve, it works quite well on Linux and
Solaris 8/SPARC to make full and incremental backups across a local area
network.  We use it at work to keep a central repository of backups, and I
use it on my LAN at home for the same purpose.

    Doctor Who - SysOp, Crystal Chantry - telnet://chantry.virtadpt.net:2422/
No thanks, I don't breed well in captivity.