[wplug] Backup packages

Bryce Lynch bryce at telerama.lm.com
Sat Oct 27 19:15:33 EDT 2001

On Sat, 27 Oct 2001, Edward Walter wrote:

>   Just curious what people out there are using to do their backups under
> linux.  I've done backups of samba filesystems remotely w/ arcserve and have
> done the standard tar and cpio stuff.  I'm looking for something robust and
> native to linux now.  I'd also like something that can read my existing
> tapes which were written with arcserve.  Obviously, open source is better

I don't know if it'll read Arcserve-formatted tapes or not (in fact, I
doubt it will), but I've had a lot of success with AFbackup in the past.
We use it at work to backup our Linux and Solaris servers

    Doctor Who - SysOp, Crystal Chantry - telnet://chantry.virtadpt.net:2422/
"Tri is dead and no one cares" -Anarchangel