[wplug] Backup packages (off tipic)

harrold at sage.che.pitt.edu harrold at sage.che.pitt.edu
Sun Oct 28 00:37:15 EDT 2001

Sometime in October Bryce Lynch assaulted keyboard and produced...

|On Sat, 27 Oct 2001, Edward Walter wrote:
|
|> done the standard tar and cpio stuff.  I'm looking for something robust and
|> native to linux now.  I'd also like something that can read my existing
|> tapes which were written with arcserve.  Obviously, open source is better
|
|I have had a great deal of success using AFbackup
|(http://www.afbackup.org/).  While it will probably not be able to
|interpret tapes used under Arcserve, it works quite well on Linux and
|Solaris 8/SPARC to make full and incremental backups across a local area
|network.  We use it at work to keep a central repository of backups, and I
|use it on my LAN at home for the same purpose.

does anyone know how long sourceforges web stuff has been down, when it will
be back up, and why?

hopefully its just for upgrades, but in the past i have gotten an email about
whats going on.

--
john
(On going to war over religion) "You're basically killing