[wplug] new guideline for videos at gums and installfests

Beth Lynn bluekanary at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 12 16:32:58 EST 2001

Hello,

For future gums and installfests, if someone wants
to bring a movie that is rated "R" "mature" or
unrated, they will have to post to the list one
week before to ask for permission.

Films that are rated "adult" or of any pornographic
nature will not be permitted, so don't ask.

If someone wants to bring a movie that is rated
"G" "PG" "PG-13" or "for everyone" then you can
bring it without emailing first.

The reasoning is this...
WPLUG is a family environment. WPLUG has members
under the age of 18. Sometimes people bring small
children with them to WPLUG. The content may be
objectionable to some of our members or parents
of members.

I'm sorry I've gotta set policy by being overly
descriptive over what is acceptable.

Apologies to everyone that more rules have to be
in place to make sure that past mishaps don't
repeat.

Thanks,
Beth Lynn