[wplug] Installfest preperation - Observation from the front line

bpmedley at 4321.tv bpmedley at 4321.tv
Sat Aug 25 16:17:00 EDT 2001

On Sat, 25 Aug 2001, Zach Paine wrote:

> We should definately bring more cd's to installfests.  I will try to burn
> some and I would urge those with some time and a cd burner to burn some
> distros as well.
>
> Installation is the biggest hurdle to running linux, but configuration is
> right up there as well.  So I agree that if you are having trouble getting
> something configured or usually just lack the time, the installfest is a good
> resource.  To that end, if you know you want to work on something specific at
> the installfest, email the list ahead of time so that those who are willing
> to help can prepare.

There is one thing that I am curious of.  What will be used to re-partition
a person's hard drive.  This is under the assumption that someone has a
rather large drive and only has one partition with one OS installed.  I
personally use partition magic, but I can't really bring that...

I would like to know what free utilities people have used to do this.  I
could search google to find out what's available, but I would like to know
what people have had successfull personal experience with.

                          Brian Medley         @~./'O o`\.~@
"Knowledge is Power" brian.medley at verizon.net /__( \___/ )__\  *PPPFFBT!*
  -- Francis Bacon                               `\__`U_/'