[wplug] Configuration for one computer with sdsl & cable?

FuzzyBear flung at ambesc.homeip.net
Sun Apr 29 13:11:38 EDT 2001

I think the best solution would be to use BGP and do load balancing.  This is
hardly feasible because it requires the cooperation of both isps and for them to
direct all of their routing tables through you.

A better alternative is to set the linux gateway to accept connections from both
providers and do some simple load balancing on the way out.  With the
iproute2 package (written by Alexey), you can do something like:
# ip ro add default nexthop via <first gateway> nexthop via <second gateway>

You can also add weights to those routes.  Note that there is no way to change
which line the incoming traffic will come in on, only the outgoing
traffic.  Also included in the iproute2 package is tc, used for traffic control
(I've yet to play with it).  For more information, check out the LARTC (Linux
Advanced Routing & Traffic Control) mailing list.

Thanks,
Fei