[wplug] ide burner question

David Tessitor dttessitor at home.com
Tue Apr 24 21:43:45 EDT 2001

I presently don't have the burner connected to the sound card, because the
extra cdrom channel on my sound card died when I connected a TV tuner card to
it that didn't work, but that is irrelevant because the player apps don't even
recognize the burner.  The cdrom can read files through any of the file apps,
but the burner apps do not see it.  The burner is recognized by the burner apps
as /dev/sd0.  I'll try /dev/scd0 in fstab and see if that makes a difference.

As I said before, adding the "hdc=ide-scsi" argument alongside the
"hdd=ide-scsi" argument (hdc=cdrom, hdd=burner) renders the cdrom unrecognized
by the cdplayer apps.

Dave
========