[wplug-plan] pizza related issues

Brian Sammon wplug-plan-list at brisammon.fastmail.fm
Sat Jan 7 21:49:30 EST 2006

> Regarding vegetarians, the complaint is that the "meat-eaters" pilfer
> the vegetarian pizzas leaving the vegetarians without anything to eat.
> Today Scott handled this by letting the vegetarians get their pizza
> first and then announcing that pizza was available. I think that Scott
> handled this the right way today and in the future it might be a good
> way to handle it.

I've heard this claim about vegetarian pizza shortages many times, but always
from the same one person, and never anyone else.  After the first two times I
heard the complaint, I tried a few times to independently verify the claim,
and could never find any first-hand evidence of it.
Today, for example, the green-pepper pizza outlasted all of the meat pizzas.

Personally, although not a vegetarian, I don't like meat pizza, and I've never
had any real problem getting my fair share of pizza.

Except on a few occasions where I was so busy working on a linux problem that
it took me over 30 minutes to respond to the pizza call.  And those occasions
have not occurred recently.

In the past I've thought it might be a good idea for WPLUG to, when the pizza
arrives, have someone keep a close eye on the pizza for the first 5 minutes to
make sure that all the people who pre-paid have had their chance to get their
fair share, before letting other people in.
Lately, though, that hasn't seemed as necessary; maybe we've gotten better at
planning how many pizzas to buy.

Lately,