[wplug-plan] Bylaws

David Ostroske eksortso at telerama.com
Fri May 11 16:39:16 EDT 2001

Quoting Robert Dale <rdale at wplug.org>:

> On Thu, 10 May 2001, David Ostroske wrote:
>
> > Can we replace the clause "ADDITIONAL MATERIALS TO BE ADDED" with the
>
> > following? "The initial structure of the Board List or Lists shall be
>
> > determined by the Board at its first Meeting." That would give us a
> chance to
> > set some precedents under the official rules.
>
> Sounds more like an order of business than a part of a charter.

It is important because it needs to be decided before any other decisions are
made. The creation of the list(s) would be the first announcements on the list
(s), which must be in place in order for the Board to announce its decisions,
according to the bylaws. It's a fair statement for the charter because it's
directly related to the bylaws.

However you look at it, though, we should get rid of "ADDITIONAL MATERIALS TO
BE ADDED" in the final version of the bylaws. I haven't heard from Dave
Tessitor as to what these additional materials are.

> Do we have a complete
> list of
> > everyone in control of these resources?
>
> At the plan meeting which the bylaws were originally presented, I
> recall
> coming to the conclusion that the most active participants on
> wplug-plan
> would be on the initial board.  (Where does this leave billings?  He's
> active, but not subscribed to either wplug or wplug-plan)

Well, I was just going by the language in the document; I couldn't remember
what Dave T's original proposal was for initial members.

Doesn't Billings have an account on the wplug.org server? If not, he'd be in
the same boat as me and Brian. He'd be on the Board just as soon as all the
inital directors voted to include him. That would all be covered at the first
meeting; any potential members would just sit in until the Board approves. Not
a problem.

> --
> Robert Dale
>
> wplug member since 1998