[wplug-plan] Bylaws, the Board, and the Lists

David Ostroske eksortso at telerama.com
Thu May 24 22:32:19 EDT 2001

Well, we've had the new set of Bylaws in place for a week so far, and nobody's
said a word about it. So far, so good. If there's nothing to decide, then
there's no need to worry about how to decide it.

Before decisions need to be made, though, we ought to answer three questions
here on the plan list:

1) Where will the Bylaws be posted?

2) The Bylaws state: "The initial Board of Directors shall consist of those
persons currently active in WPLUG who have restricted access to and control of
WPLUG's resources at the time of implementation of these bylaws, and their
appointment shall be approved by mutual agreement among themselves."

So then, who's currently on the Board? Seems like they have to declare
themselves the initial board, according to these rules.

3) Finally (and this might actually be the Board's first order of business, but
nothing prevents anyone from discussing it), how will the mailing lists be set
up? Will all business take place on the plan list? Or will there be special
lists just for Board business?

--- Dave Ostroske
    eksortso at telerama.com