[wplug-plan] Bylaws

Robert Dale rdale at wplug.org
Fri May 11 14:23:08 EDT 2001

On Thu, 10 May 2001, David Ostroske wrote:

> Quoting Zach Paine <zman at wplug.org>:
>
> Can we replace the clause "ADDITIONAL MATERIALS TO BE ADDED" with the
> following? "The initial structure of the Board List or Lists shall be
> determined by the Board at its first Meeting." That would give us a chance to
> set some precedents under the official rules.

Sounds more like an order of business than a part of a charter.

> > How do we decide on an initial board?  I'm willing to put forward
> > list of people I feel have helped out:
> >
> > Evan DiBiase
> > Zach Paine
> > Robert Dale
> > Brian Sammon
> > David Ostroske
> > Jonathan Billings
> > Jeremy Dinsel
> > James O'Kane
>
> Woah. I'm honored, Zach, and I would vote for everyone on this list. But by the
> bylaws, shouldn't the initial Board be determined by whoever controls WPLUG
> resources? As of now (and probably at the time when the bylaws are adopted),
> the resources are comprised of the treasury, access to the server, and whatever
> hardware and materials we currently possess. I don't control any of these
> things, so I wouldn't be on the initial board. Do we have a complete list of
> everyone in control of these resources?

At the plan meeting which the bylaws were originally presented, I recall
coming to the conclusion that the most active participants on wplug-plan
would be on the initial board.  (Where does this leave billings?  He's
active, but not subscribed to either wplug or wplug-plan)

--
Robert Dale

wplug member since 1998