[wplug-internet] New Linode upgrade available

Justin Smith justin at adminix.net
Tue Apr 22 20:28:27 EDT 2014

Has CentOS actually rebuilt Red Hat Software Collections, though? When SCL was announced, I remember thinking "wow, that's great," but I never ended up following through to see if it would trickle down to us common folk.

I know that we've been building MediaWiki from source. Correct me if I'm wrong, Pat and company, but I think one of the reasons we ran an outdated version of MediaWiki for so long was because nobody wanted to go through the hassle of compiling a new version. I'd hate to fall into a rut like that again. That's a real risk now that member activity has tapered off. If there are any other packages we've been building from source, maybe someone else can chime in.

Other than MediaWiki, I guess my reasons for upgrading are more "likes" than "musts." I'd like us to move to MariaDB from MySQL, and I love, love, *love* using systemd.

-Justin