[wplug-internet] VPS Funding Request (draft)

Michael H. Semcheski mhsemcheski at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 23:35:23 EDT 2007

On 7/21/07, David Ostroske <eksortso at gmail.com> wrote:
> matter. All that needs done is to fill the rest in: dates, email
> address, etc.

The one thing I couldn't figure out, and this is a small technical
matter, do I have to sign it?

I don't mind, but it will slow things down, because it will involve
the USPS.  Other than that, I thought I crossed all the i's and dotted
the t's.

> I think you should pass it on to the entire Board. Especially Beth
> Lynn, since she's effectively the Internet Committee's liaison. Plus,
> she might know how quickly we could move on this.

Presumably Beth is subscribed to this list?  Again, technical
question:  How do I send this document to the board and treasurer?
wplug-board at wplug.org?  (Not doing anything until Monday anyway to
give everyone a chance to respond.)

> Formal approval in this case is absolutely essential, seeing how we're
> dealing with hundreds of dollars. Once your report is in front of the
> entire board, we'll be able to move faster if they adopt the
> recommendation.

Personally, I'm not super concerned with getting this done by date X.
As long as we make some steady progress and don't get stalled out, it
will be OK.

> Kudos to you, Mike, for all the work you've done on this. As for me,
> I'll try to get a bit more active. There's likely some heavy lifting
> to do to get Penguin transferred to the new server. I must help out
> with that somehow.

I'm sure everyone that wants to who wants to help will get a chance.
Thats the part I'm looking forward to -- we've got some smart people
and good minds, put them all together, we won't be disappointed.