[wplug-internet] VPS Funding Request (draft)

David Ostroske eksortso at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 22:11:32 EDT 2007

On 7/21/07, Michael H. Semcheski <mhsemcheski at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Enclosed is a draft funding request for the VPS.  This draft reflects
> the request I would like the Internet Committee to make.

Mike, that ought to do just fine. It serves as not just the funding
paperwork, but also as a final report from the committee on this
matter. All that needs done is to fill the rest in: dates, email
address, etc.

> If you like it or agree with it or are neutral, please say so.  If you
> have anything you would like changed, please say so.

I've been pretty quiet on this lately. I wasn't sure which would work
better: linode or slicehost. So I was hoping someone else would say
something. But you made the right choice going with SliceHost. The
backup ought to be worth it. Plus, you've spoken with the guy who runs
it, and I would hope he's that accessible when we would need help.

> I will pass this on to the treasurer via email on Monday night if I
> don't hear anything from the committee.

I think you should pass it on to the entire Board. Especially Beth
Lynn, since she's effectively the Internet Committee's liaison. Plus,
she might know how quickly we could move on this.

Formal approval in this case is absolutely essential, seeing how we're
dealing with hundreds of dollars. Once your report is in front of the
entire board, we'll be able to move faster if they adopt the
recommendation.

Kudos to you, Mike, for all the work you've done on this. As for me,
I'll try to get a bit more active. There's likely some heavy lifting
to do to get Penguin transferred to the new server. I must help out
with that somehow.

--
David Ostroske <eksortso at gmail.com>