[wplug-internet] VPS Funding Request (draft)

David Ostroske eksortso at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 13:21:10 EDT 2007

On 7/21/07, Michael H. Semcheski <mhsemcheski at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/21/07, David Ostroske <eksortso at gmail.com> wrote:
> > matter. All that needs done is to fill the rest in: dates, email
> > address, etc.
>
> The one thing I couldn't figure out, and this is a small technical
> matter, do I have to sign it?

I don't think you'd need to sign a report, but if you want to sign the
funding request, you could email the request, then give Beth, or one
of the other board members, a signed copy of the document next time
you see them.

[...]
> Presumably Beth is subscribed to this list?  Again, technical
> question:  How do I send this document to the board and treasurer?
> wplug-board at wplug.org?  (Not doing anything until Monday anyway to
> give everyone a chance to respond.)

I think Beth is subscribed. If not, you could email her separately.
We've seen each other's email addresses on the main list before. If
you don't have one, I can provide you one.

We don't have an address to send stuff to individual officers, and the
-board list is moderated. You could send to wplug-board, but it may be
faster to email someone on the board directly.

> > Formal approval in this case is absolutely essential, seeing how we're
> > dealing with hundreds of dollars. Once your report is in front of the
> > entire board, we'll be able to move faster if they adopt the
> > recommendation.
>
> Personally, I'm not super concerned with getting this done by date X.
> As long as we make some steady progress and don't get stalled out, it
> will be OK.

As long as we follow the (simple) chain of command, we'll have met the
formal requirements. I'd like to see steady progress, too, and I tend
to lose steam quickly if there's little feedback. I tend to use phone
numbers to contact people if I need to grab their attention.

> > Kudos to you, Mike, for all the work you've done on this. As for me,
> > I'll try to get a bit more active. There's likely some heavy lifting
> > to do to get Penguin transferred to the new server. I must help out
> > with that somehow.
>
> I'm sure everyone that wants to who wants to help will get a chance.
> Thats the part I'm looking forward to -- we've got some smart people
> and good minds, put them all together, we won't be disappointed.

I sure hope so. As for now, I'm looking forward to seeing your wiki list.

Keep us all posted!

--
David Ostroske <eksortso at gmail.com>