[wplug-board] June event

Vance Kochenderfer vance at happylemur.com
Fri Jun 10 00:44:17 EDT 2016

Pat Barron wrote:
> Unless someone is eagerly anxious to do some specific thing, I'm not
> sure if there's enough time left in June to usefully plan an event for
> any time in June (even at the point last weekend when Vance's note was
> sent).

Unfortunately, I tend to agree.  I think at this point the only real
event we could pull off in June would be some kind of informal
get-together, and I don't have any bright ideas for one.

> Basically, my thought is that if the first week of a month arrives, and
> we don't already have firm plans for some specific event that has
> already been announced by that point, we should probably bag it for that
> month

I would agree that our goal should be something like this.  Actually,
having a three-month schedule planned out would be ideal.  But it hasn't
worked out that way, much as I hope it would.  IMO, a one-month lead
time should be sufficient, which I guess is only a week shorter than
your proposition.

On this subject, I heard back from the CP/Museum folks (with smaller
vintage systems) and it sounds like they are very flexible on timing;
it could be a weekend or a weekday.  The museum is right next to the
Penn Brewery.  Corey is also CTO at the brewery, so we could potentially
also swing a tour of the brewery if we wanted.  In any case, we could
adjourn there for dinner and beer.

So, when do you all think would be a good date for this?  Do you think a
brewery tour would be a draw?  (Maybe we could schedule it before the
museum so people who aren't interested could more easily skip it.)

vance at happylemur.com      |   good belt of Scotch"    -Nick Danger