[wplug-board] CP/Museum event planning

Pat Barron pat at lectroid.com
Mon Jun 13 11:26:12 EDT 2016

On 6/10/2016 12:44 AM, Vance Kochenderfer wrote:

> On this subject, I heard back from the CP/Museum folks (with smaller
> vintage systems) and it sounds like they are very flexible on timing;
> it could be a weekend or a weekday.  The museum is right next to the
> Penn Brewery.  Corey is also CTO at the brewery, so we could potentially
> also swing a tour of the brewery if we wanted.  In any case, we could
> adjourn there for dinner and beer.
>
> So, when do you all think would be a good date for this?  Do you think a
> brewery tour would be a draw?  (Maybe we could schedule it before the
> museum so people who aren't interested could more easily skip it.)

Second or third Saturday in July maybe?  Second Saturday is on the
weekend right after July 4th (which is the previous Monday), is that too
close?  Are there any conflicts I'm not considering here?

I'm not sure if the brewery tour would be a draw or not - I'd personally
be interested in it from a technology perspective (as the Penn Brewery
is a larger scale operation than your standard microbrewery like the
Church Brewworks, which many people may have already seen something like
that).  As far as interest in being able to sample the "end product" of
the brewery, that may be an extra draw for some folks - though from my
perspective, the museum itself is a pretty strong draw.  ;-)

--Pat.