[wplug-board] June event

Pat Barron pat at lectroid.com
Thu Jun 9 17:12:38 EDT 2016

Unless someone is eagerly anxious to do some specific thing, I'm not
sure if there's enough time left in June to usefully plan an event for
any time in June (even at the point last weekend when Vance's note was
sent).

My own opinion (as I think y'all are sick of hearing by now....) - but
the first week of June, we should have had an event for *July* already
committed, and be thinking about what to do for August (of course, we
already have August in the bag right now - yay us!  :-) ).  By the time
the first week of a month comes around, we should already know 100% for
sure what (if anything) we're doing that month, as I don't think that
doing otherwise leaves people enough time to even plan to attend.

Basically, my thought is that if the first week of a month arrives, and
we don't already have firm plans for some specific event that has
already been announced by that point, we should probably bag it for that
month - again, unless someone has something specific they really want to
run, and are willing to accept the risk of the number of attendees being
few to none....

--Pat.