[wplug-board] Board meeting absence

Pat Barron pat at lectroid.com
Mon Jun 23 14:51:13 EDT 2014

On 6/23/2014 2:35 PM, Joe Prostko wrote:

>> Pat, were you taking the lead on arranging this?  I know you and
>> Joe were working on a possible presentation, and that you had some
>> discussion with Charles Butler about it also.  Please be prepared
>> to report the current status on Tuesday.
> I admit we probably don't have the most concrete of plans yet.  I am
> willing to talk about Fossil as a DVCS option, and if we happen to
> talk about centralized version control options, I can probably talk
> about SVN.  I can also talk generally about version control, and maybe
> somewhat more specifically about other options like Bzr and Hg.  I
> guess it depends what direction we want to take this, and whether it
> is only about Git or not.  I agree we should have some sort of plan by
> tomorrow though.

There was some discussion regarding whether or not Charles Butler might
already have a presentation on Git prepared, and if so, whether we could
ask him to just present that - and if that was not possible, then Joe
and I would collaborate on an "Intro to Git / DVCS" presentation.

I do recall seeing some discussion with Charles in IRC where he seemed
to be interested in participating, but don't recall whether or not he
had anything already prepared that he could present (if, in fact, he'd
be available to do that at all) - and I think Joe and I have been
waiting for the answer to that question before putting much further
effort into preparing something ourselves.

Unfortunately, even though I recall seeing some discussion of this in
IRC, my client log apparently doesn't contain the info (It might be past
the scrollback limit in my IRC client....).  Justin, do you recall if
Charles mentioned having a canned presentation available to present?

--Pat.