[wplug-board] Board meeting absence

Joe Prostko joe.prostko at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 14:35:35 EDT 2014

On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 7:48 PM, Vance Kochenderfer <vkochend at nyx.net> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 06:14:37PM -0400, Joe Prostko wrote:
>> On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 5:53 PM, Justin Smith <justin at adminix.net> wrote:

>> > I suggest that we focus on Git. I'm pretty sure that everyone who attends
>> > WPLUG knows what a revision control system is, but they might not know how
>> > to use one to its full potential, and Git has a lot of exposure.
>>
>> As much as I personally dislike Git, yes, I think going this direction
>> is a good idea.
>
> Pat, were you taking the lead on arranging this?  I know you and
> Joe were working on a possible presentation, and that you had some
> discussion with Charles Butler about it also.  Please be prepared
> to report the current status on Tuesday.

I admit we probably don't have the most concrete of plans yet.  I am
willing to talk about Fossil as a DVCS option, and if we happen to
talk about centralized version control options, I can probably talk
about SVN.  I can also talk generally about version control, and maybe
somewhat more specifically about other options like Bzr and Hg.  I
guess it depends what direction we want to take this, and whether it
is only about Git or not.  I agree we should have some sort of plan by
tomorrow though.

>> > I support moving the WPLUG.org VPS to the $10/month Linode plan.
> [snip]
>>
>> As an FYI, CentOS 7 ships with Apache 2.4.6, PHP 5.4.16, and MariaDB
>> 5.5.35 in its repositories.
>
> Would you mind contributing that info to the new wiki page
> <http://www.wplug.org/wiki/2014_Server_Migration>?  I also posted
> this link to the wplug-internet list.  Please make any more
> contributions to the page that you see missing.  Thanks!

I filled in a little bit of information, but I won't be able to get
the rest filled in for CentOS 7 until probably this weekend after I am
done with a round of packaging software for Haiku.

- joe