[wplug-board] Ice cream social trivia

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Sun Jun 8 18:52:48 EDT 2014

I'm coming up with trivia questions for the upcoming ice cream
social - I have 16 so far and am working on more.  Here are some
examples (these are not actual questions; this way you all can
participate in the competition without an unfair advantage :).

Historical
In what year was the 1.0 release of Red Hat made?

Technical
In what programming language is Mediawiki and Wordpress written?

Command line
What is the default signal sent by the "kill" command?

Personalities
Who is the lead developer of the Slackware Linux distribution?

So far, my questions seem to be skewing toward the historical and
command line categories; I'm going to try to balance this out.

Also, what format do we want to use?  Teams, or individual
competition?  Jeopardy-style selection of categories, or random
selection?  Without buzzers, I guess people can raise their hands
to answer.