[wplug-board] Hands-on Security Event

Lawrence Wolfson oclarry44 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 5 08:40:13 EDT 2014

As mentioned by Justin Smith in his June 4 email, Rest the Net, I, for one, would find it useful to have an event on this topic.   What I most need is a presentation on what, if any, security is provided by commonly used applications, tools and features and what additional security is provided by additional tools like Tor.  This might include some hands-on but would mostly be an overview of the security landscape and how apps interact with it.  There is good information on the net but it doesn't answer many important questions particularly in the area of judging what combination of tools and features make sense.
Larry Wolfson