[wplug-board] Are we doing anything for Software Freedom Day? (Possibly just a theoretical question....)

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Tue Aug 5 11:37:20 EDT 2014

I hope to talk about this event some more later, but wanted to note
one point of information.

On Tue, Aug 05, 2014 at 11:04:16AM -0400, Pat Barron wrote:
> 3. Even though we did nothing last year, we actually did register a
>    "project team" for an SFD event, and we were hoping to receive the
>    SFD "goodie package" with banners, stickers, pamphlets, other
>    giveaway items.  But we received nothing (I know other teams did,
>    but we did not).  I'm not convinced we'd receive anything this year
>    either.

Apparently, they won't be shipping anything for 2014.

On Tue, Aug 05, 2014 at 10:14:27AM +0700, Frederic Muller - DFF wrote:
} On 08/05/2014 03:12 AM, G3ekarmyVG . wrote:
} } are we going to have supplies this year?
}
} No.
}
} We'll go into more details in the announcement which should go live
} today but it is too late to ship anything now (which is not the reason
} but tells you a bit more of some of the issues).