[wplug-board] Blender event follow-up

Pat Barron pat at lectroid.com
Fri Apr 25 12:29:40 EDT 2014

On 4/25/2014 11:17 AM, Joseph Prostko wrote:
> With respect to the fallback (which hopefully simply becomes a future
> meeting, not a "fallback"), yes, a Git talk would be it, unless Justin
> meant having a social networking event like we had previously
> discussed.  In any case, do you guys think it would be good to just
> single out Git?  I suppose I'm biased, but maybe a talk about DVCSs in
> general would be cool.  Then again, I almost think just saying there's
> going to be a talk on Git might actually attract more people than a
> general DVCS talk since it's such a hot topic and it has kind of
> already won the DVCS crown for better or worse.
I'm surely not opposed to doing a more general presentation on DVCS -
it's just that Git is the only one I'm able to speak on, I haven't used
any others (other than using CVS on a remote server, which really isn't
the same thing).

If you want, we could surely tag-team and each do presentations on our
favorites (OK, maybe "favorites" is a too strong a term - how about "the
ones we use most often".... ;-) )

--Pat.