[wplug-board] Blender event follow-up

Joseph Prostko joe.prostko at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 12:55:53 EDT 2014

On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 12:29 PM, Pat Barron <pat at lectroid.com> wrote:
>> In any case, do you guys think it would be good to just
>> single out Git?  I suppose I'm biased, but maybe a talk about DVCSs in
>> general would be cool.

> I'm surely not opposed to doing a more general presentation on DVCS -
> it's just that Git is the only one I'm able to speak on, I haven't used
> any others (other than using CVS on a remote server, which really isn't
> the same thing).

I've used Git, Hg, Bzr, Fossil, and Veracity as far as DVCS systems
go.  I kind of lump Git, Hg, and Bzr together in their own bucket, and
then put Fossil and Veracity into another bucket since Fossil and
Veracity have additional functionality above source control like
ticketing and wiki via their built-in web interfaces.

> If you want, we could surely tag-team and each do presentations on our
> favorites (OK, maybe "favorites" is a too strong a term - how about "the
> ones we use most often".... ;-) )

That could probably be fun.  If that were to happen, I'd feel best
talking about Fossil since that's the one I use the most for any
personal projects.  I'm still stuck using Git for pretty much
everything else, but that is outside of my control.

- joe