[wplug-board] Blender event follow-up

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Wed Apr 23 09:13:24 EDT 2014

Roland Hess wrote:
} - Very brief intro about Blender adoption worldwide
} - Screen two shorts: Big Buck Bunny (which shows the cinema quality
} character animation tools), and Tears of Steel (whose special effects
} were all done with Blender). These two really show off what the
} software can do, plus they are fun.
} - live demo of the software
} - Brief notes on history/how it can be no-cost
} - talk about possible Open Source concerns (and benefits!) within a
} creative pipeline
} - Q&A

If we plan to show the two shorts, we may need to plan for a 90-
minute presentation session instead of an hour.  It depends on how
much time Roland plans to spend on the other topics.  Justin, if
you can give him a typical project that Filmmakers students would
work on to use for his demo, I think that would be ideal.

} 5/10, 5/12, 5/19, 5/20, 5/23, 5/27-5/30. That's it for May.
}
} What about 5/28?

I think the only one of these dates that can't work for me is the
19th.  The 28th is soon after Memorial Day, but I can make it
then.

This sounds like a great opportunity to reach a new audience.