[wplug-board] Grant Money

JUDI GALARDI judigalardi at verizon.net
Thu Mar 29 14:46:00 EDT 2012

That all makes sense.  Perhaps just asking for money to create new banners (maybe w/ an outline of PGH. and the surrounding wpa area).  Also, do we really have to wire the wscc for free?  Atho', I think wscc

is in Swissvale or Regent Sq.

Finally, we could table it for now and consider the classes being held at Goodwill.  I haven't talked w/ JonnyQ lately, but I could check at some point.  I don't know if they'll be paying their teachers or not.

See you next week,

Judi

________________________________

Judi Galardi'sTHRAE BACK ATCHA!  is here. Not here!  At my website: www.judithgalardi.com  or at:  www.authorhouse.com.  My other books are also available.

>________________________________

    (I say "a" proposal, since I guess it's conceivable that we could do
    more than one proposal...), what would we need money for?  Maybe to
    pay professional instructors or something?  Or buy/rent computers
    that would be used for the classes?  Sprout Fund only funds things
    that need money to happen.  If we're just going to look for
    volunteer instructors out of our membership, and it's not going to
    actually cost us any money to put on the classes, then they're not
    going to give us any money.  And if they did give us money, then the
    money could *only* be used for that purpose.

>Second, I've been looking at the bylaws, and if we decide to start
    offering classes, I am wondering if we need to put that up to a vote
    by the membership to get authorization to do so.  In particular,
    looking at section 4.2 of the bylaws:

>4.2 Duties and Powers
>>>The Board of Directors shall have full power and authority over the affairs of WPLUG except those reserved to others by these bylaws and by acts of the membership. Only the membership shall have the power to:
>>>	1. amend these bylaws;
>>>	2. adopt special rules of order for the membership;
>>>	3. authorize the establishment of a new program under the auspices of WPLUG;
>>>	4. authorize the expenditure of WPLUG funds on items that do not directly support existing programs; or
>>>	5. impose final disciplinary action upon a Member.
>>>The Board shall be subject to the orders of the membership, and none of its acts shall conflict with action taken by the membership.
So I am wondering if we will bump into clause #3 and/or clause #4 above.  I'm not saying yes we do, or no we don't - but I'd like to get a sense from the rest of the directors as to what they think.