[wplug-board] February Board Meeting

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Fri Feb 26 23:14:06 EST 2010

David Ostroske <eksortso at gmail.com> wrote:
> I doubt that I will make it to the 8:30am board meeting tomorrow. I
> wouldn't want anyone else to be out in our latest snowstorm, either.
>
> Considering the dangers that driving on ice may bring, and the fact
> that the snow won't let up until 9am, shall we consider holding the
> board meeting later in the day, or perhaps later in the week? I'd also
> consider canceling tomorrow's installfest, for similar reasons.

I plan to be at Eat n' Park in the morning.  The winter weather
advisory expires at 6:00AM, so if that holds true I would expect
the streets to be reasonably passable by 8:30.
<http://mobile.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?brand=mobile&query=kagc&feature=warning>

We have gotten a bunch of snow here in the South Hills this
evening, but it has slacked off for now.  Other parts of the
county may not be so lucky, so I can't fault someone for being
late or not showing if their neighborhood is bad.

I already posted to the wplug list that we are going forward.  I
personally think we should only cancel if the library itself
decides to close.  In that event, a message should be posted to
wplug-announce and added to the front page and event page on the
wiki.