[wplug-board] Membership meetings

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Tue Feb 7 14:00:30 EST 2006

Patrick Wagstrom <pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-02-07 at 12:09 -0500, Bill Moran wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > Looking at the schedule, I think it would be practical to schedule a
> > membership meeting for March 5.  I believe the idea of having the
> > meeting 10:00 - 11:00 is a good one, and we can then have the rest
> > of the installfest.
>
> Are you positive that you don't mean March 4th?  March 5th is a sunday
> and I don't do sundays.

The schedule on the WPLUG site says the 5th.  Don't know if that is an
error or not.

> > 2) Can we reserve an actual room from 10:00 - 11:00 for the
> >     meeting (in addition to the atrium)?
>
> If nothing else, I can reserve a room in Baker/Porter or Hamburg.  I
> can't reserve rooms in Wean or Newell-Simon (or rather, I don't know how
> to if I could).

It would be nice to have the room near the Atrium, so we don't have to
herd members all over campus.

> > 5) We need to set an agenda for the meeting.  We should discuss any
> >     business to propose, then ask the membership if they have any
> >     business they'd like added to the agenda.
>
> An agenda is critically important.  With the last meeting we had no
> agenda and it didn't happen because people didn't feel it was worth
> their time.  Honestly I can't blame them.  Is there actual business that
> needs to be conducted?

The only thing I'm aware of is the PR committee language, which is the
only thing David brought up.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies