[wplug-board] membership information

Patrick Wagstrom pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Aug 1 23:16:58 EDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-08-01 at 22:55 -0400, David Ostroske wrote:
> On 7/28/06, Bill Moran <wmoran at potentialtech.com> wrote:
> > I don't know that we have an policy on paying dues in advance.  As such
> > I would recommend that we refuse to accept money for more than 1 year
> > until we have an official policy.
>
> We agreed to a policy on May 10th. Patrick, you weren't at that
> meeting, but Bill, you were.
> I'm not expecting anyone to memorize this stuff, BTW. I just don't
> have a more convenient place to keep it all. Wikiwikiwikiwikiwiki...

Umm, unless I'm missing something, no it's not:

-- SNIP --

* Membership maintenance issues
Beth will make Dave the wplug-members list's maintainer. Dave will
ping her to discuss this.

Among other list duties, Dave will check that all members are, in
fact, subscribed to the -members list.

We agreed on a policy for handling new membership requests. We will
start all memberships on the date that the new member registers on the
website. Also, we will not take any money from potential new members
unless they register first.

Dave sais that we still need to mirror the membership database. Bill
will get the flat file for the database from Mark Dalrymple.

-- SNIP --

Nothing in there says we can't take money in advance.  They need to
register first, which makes some sense, but that's it.  Nothing about
paying in advance, at least that I saw.

Am I missing something here?

--Patrick