[wplug-board] organization organization

Zach Paine zman at wplug.org
Thu Mar 28 19:52:08 EST 2002

We should take a look at this as well:

http://www.wplug.org/pipermail/wplug-board/2002-January/000122.html

Its the first conversation we had concerning the creation of committees.
There is a list of committees there as well, that we should consolidate
as such:

 Advertising and Public Relations
 Chair: zman
 Members:

 Computer Show Presence
 Chair: TBD
 Members:

 Installfest Planning
 Chair: Unsure, James or Beth?
 Members:

 General User Meeting Planning
 Chair: Unsure, James or Beth?
 Members:

 DemoDay Planning
 Chair: TBD
 Members:

 System Administration of WPLUG Machine(s)
 Chair: Rob and Jeremy (?)
 Members: admin@

 Website Management
 Chair: Evan and Zach
 Members: wplug-web@

 Mailing List Management
 Chair: James
 Members: admin@

 Treasurer
 Chair: Beth
 Members: are any needed?

> The webpages show only a board behind wplug, but does not
> recognize the president and his minions.

I can add this.

> Maybe we can get together to discuss this and figure it out..

I think a meeting would be good.  Perhaps after the GUM?

> Also, there doesn't seem to be a real point-of-contact
> for speakers.  So, I'm going to make a wplug-speakers
> alias.  Anyone who wants to help organize this, let me
> know and I'll add you.
>
> I think we need more role accounts in general.

I agree here.  We could make this an item for discussion, and come up
with a list, in person.

Based on what we've done in the past, it seems like the creation of
these committees and the appointment of their respective chairs should
just be a vote by the board.  In the future however, how does one go
about joining a committee.  I think that its important that the people
who make up the committee be rather reliable as far as being able to
help the group.  Should we just allow people to join freely and then the
Chair essentially uses the list of people as a mailing list for asking
for help, or should appointment to committees be based on merit. ie. if
someone wants to be on the GUM committee, they first help out
(organizing, buying food, etc) and then are appointed.

	-Zach