Meeting to be held at The Coffee Tree Roasters at 5524 Walnut Street in Shadyside, Pittsburgh, PA 15232. 6:00pm, Tuesday, December 4, 2012.
- Approve minutes of October 4 board meeting
- Transition WPLUG governance to new Board elected on November 10th, 2012
The regular meeting of the Board of Directors of the Western Pennsylvania Linux Users Group was held on Tuesday, December 4, 2012, at 6:00 PM, at Coffee Tree Roasters in Shadyside.
In attendance were:
- Terry Golightly (Chair; board member-elect)
- Patrick Barron (Treasurer; board member-elect)
- John Lewis (board member-elect)
- Justin Smith (board member-elect)
Not in attendance:
- Michael Loomis (Vice Chair)
- Joseph Prostko (Secretary; board member-elect)
The regular presiding officer was in the Chair. In the absence of the Secretary, the Treasurer served as Secretary Pro Tempore.
It was noted that no quorum of the board was present, and therefore, no business could be conducted.
The meeting was adjourned at 6:31 PM.
Subsequent to the board meeting, the members of the board-elect held an ad hoc meeting to discuss matters related to the transition to the newly elected board. The members of the newly elected board were not able to reach an agreement on assignment to officer roles, and therefore, could not form a slate of officers to be seated as the new Board of Directors. In accordance with Section 6.6 of WPLUG's ByLaws, the prior board will continue to serve as WPLUG's Board of Directors until this matter can be resolved.
Respectfully Submitted, Patrick Barron