[wplug] Using Windstream with Linux system

Stephen R Phillips cyberman_phillips at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 21 20:05:03 EST 2016

Quiet person here (heh) I run linux and not windows but Windstream seems to use some an application on windows through internet explorer for having their DSL modems connect to their server. They also appear to redirect (by default) browser search engines. I however use seamonkey and linux (gentoo as matter of fact). So I'm a bit confused how I can activate a DSL modem for windstream. I am asking because I might be relocating and my ISP (verizon) will end up being someone else (less service more expensive life happens).
Anyhow Windstream was one that was "listed" so I thought I would ask here if anyone has dealt with windstream and their linux system.

I don't have ANY windows system right now so ...
I guess thanks if you have any suggestions! Stephen R. Phillips was here Please be advised what was said may be absolutely wrong, and hereby this disclaimer follows.  I reserve the right to be wrong and admit I was wrong in front of the entire world. It won't be the first or the last in all likelyness.