[wplug] Kids can't use computers

Dave Sevick sevick at computereach.com
Sat Aug 16 10:31:56 EDT 2014

The one thing that I feel is critical to all of the software that we support is:

"If you build it, you must support it"

Having said that, there is a ton of free software out there on Mac Linux and Windows that is quite good that has great support… And that is at the core of the user experience.

I think one of the most ambitious and fabulous efforts in the world right now is "the document foundation" and their work with LibreOffice.

Another tremendous effort in the world of free software is Google Drive in the whole suite of Google products that we can use with people all over the world that live on only two dollars a day or less but have a recycled Pittsburgh-based
computer.

Another great example is the "Blender" project that is both free and supported.

Bottom line:

Free + Supported = Computer technology at its best

-------
Dave Sevick
Computer Reach
sevick at computereach.com