[wplug] Fwd: Love the talk about Open Source Licenses, and did you see this kickstarter to go to GPL v3

Mark Rauterkus Mark at Rauterkus.com
Sat Feb 2 18:57:43 EST 2013

Hi,

Love the topic for the next session. Let the holy wars begin!!!

But there is some great open source new that got me dancing in the streets
this week. My favorite tool of all time, now called Live Code, is doing a
Kickstarter campaign to make its source go GPL v3.

Remember Apple's HyperCard? Well, this comes from that tradition.

But today it runs on Mac, Win, Linux, iOS, Android and even has a server
option.

Do check it out. Kick in too if you can as I'm with my doubts if the goal
will be hit in the 30-day period without a lot of tiny donations from folks
like you who get it. These Mac folks are, generally, both poor to a fault
and without the OS drive.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1755283828/open-source-edition-of-livecode?play=1&ref=search

For school kids, and varsity sports teams, this and the Rasberry Pi would
rock.

--
Ta.

Mark Rauterkus       Mark.Rauterkus at gmail.com
Varsity Swim Coach for boys and girls at Pittsburgh Obama Academy, a WPIAL
team now at Peabody
PPS Summer Dreamers' Swim and Water Polo Camp Head Coach
Pittsburgh Combined Water Polo Team

http://Rauterkus.blogspot.com
http://FixPA.wikia.com
http://CLOH.wikia.com