[wplug] Port Forwarding in Verizon Router

Greg Simkins gregsimkins at me.com
Fri Jan 6 08:30:06 EST 2012

Thanks Ted for very helpful discussion.

I gave some bad information.  I had identified the router as Westell based on a help file that matched the interface I was observing on the web interface at 192.168.1.1.  That was sloppy of me.  When I went back downstairs to check the wiring to see how I could fit in the DD-WRT, I notice that I do have an Actiontec MI424WR.

I will try changing that search domain you mentioned - and reading instructions for the proper router. Maybe I can avoid the complications you mention with bridge mode.

Greg