[wplug] Port Forwarding in Verizon Router

Rod Person rodperson at rodperson.com
Fri Jan 6 08:34:45 EST 2012

On Fri, 06 Jan 2012 08:30:06 -0500
Greg Simkins <gregsimkins at me.com> wrote:

> Thanks Ted for very helpful discussion.
>
> I gave some bad information.  I had identified the router as Westell
> based on a help file that matched the interface I was observing on
> the web interface at 192.168.1.1.  That was sloppy of me.  When I
> went back downstairs to check the wiring to see how I could fit in
> the DD-WRT, I notice that I do have an Actiontec MI424WR.
>
> I will try changing that search domain you mentioned - and reading
> instructions for the proper router. Maybe I can avoid the
> complications you mention with bridge mode.

I believe it is under Networking -> Advanced or something similar. But
you need to find the Port Forwarding menu. On my FIOS most ports other
that 80 where closed. But port 992 is open so I forward that port to my
FreeBSD workstation for SSH access.

Rod Person         http://www.rodperson.com     rodperson at rodperson.com

"Let us in the name of the Holy Trinity, go on sending all the slaves
 that can be sold."
- Letter from Christopher Columbus.
  J.A. Rawley, The Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade: A History. Pg.3