[wplug] Ubtuntu 10.04 64 bit vs. SonicWall NetExtender 32 bit

george larson george.g.larson at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 14:35:09 EDT 2010

I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid Lynx) and I've Googled myself silly but
I keep ending up with the same basic pieces of advice.  No matter what I
try, I'm only getting:

netExtender: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.4: wrong
ELF class: ELFCLASS64

Evidently the client uses 32 bit libraries.  The most common advice is
to use symlinks and the latest version of the NetExtender installer even
creates these links for you.  However, I've not had success with that.

It was suggested that I try the version of NetExtender given out by our
router (NetExtender-350632.tgz), instead of the latest version from
SonicWall (NetExtender-4.0.665.tgz).  Same error.

Another site advised the use of 'getlibs' to grab the 32 bit libraries.
Didn't work.  I've also used 'apt-et' to get lib32-libssl.  Didn't work.

Does anybody have any ideas how I might get this thing running?

Thanks!