[wplug] Linux certification

Kevin Dunn supkdunn at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 13:30:30 EST 2010

Rob ,

I got my RHCT, Red Hat Certified Technician. I went for that one because I
work on IBM intel and power processor based systems . 99% of my non windows
clients are running Red Hat and on the power processor systems it is either
AIX or Redhat .  If you are doing it for employment reasons I would go the
Red Hat route .  I hear that if you put RHCT on linkedin the recruiters will
beat down your door . That is just hear say , I do not post mine because I
am satisfied with my current employment .

I signed a confidentialty agreement when taking the test so I cannot talk
about it . What I can say is I  repectfully disagree with Mackenzie.  The
RHCT is the first level Red Hat . It is a practical exam and no written or
memorization. It is a very difficult test and I am not ashamed to admit I
failed it miserably the first time .  I had many very experienced admins get
up and walk out of the test .

Kevin

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 9:44 PM, Robert E. Coutch <robert.coutch at verizon.net