[wplug] Linux certification

G.Pitman gpitman at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 16:10:03 EST 2010

I tested for the RHCE a few years ago and only came out with the RHCT (hangs
head for public ridicule). Being a practical test, every step depends on
your last one being correct and I screwed "something" up that made
everything later fall apart. I probably will not test for it again since I
have been working with it long enough now.

If your working as a sysadmin and have some decent experience I would
recommend the giac security certs as they have gained ANSI accreditation for
some of the certs. which may mean something to someone. I am testing for the
GCFA later this month and hoping that will be a nice feather in my hat.

Good luck with whatever you choose,