[wplug] Citrix

Brian Roberts blroberts at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 10:13:29 EDT 2009

I have limited expirience with Xen, but the technology looks sound.   I have
been using VMWare and Virtualbox for virtualization and have been meaning to
compare them to Xen.

I have used a bunch of Citrix Metaframe in the past.   I compare it to
crack.   It does the job quick,  it will cost you allot and people get
addicted to it.  It did work great for making a old DOS app accessible over
the web,  but lead to stagnation on the web port.     Basically metaframe,
or presentation server as it is called now is a way to provide server
controlled application environments.   Its great to centralize what your
users can access.

A cool product for serving up linux apps ina similar way is NoMachine.
http://www.nomachine.com/   I used that for a bit to server up a Java Client
/ Server app.   Did a great job,  I wish I could find more project to use it
on.

Brian

If you are thinking of serving up something on