[wplug] Fwd: DevHousePgh on Tuesday July 21 at 6PM at Hack Pittsburgh

Mathieu Dube mujo at dubix.org
Sat Jul 18 13:44:18 EDT 2009

----- Forwarded message from "Karl A. Schieneman" <Karl.Schieneman at jurinnov.com> -----

Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 11:31:19 -0400
From: "Karl A. Schieneman" <Karl.Schieneman at jurinnov.com>
To: <info at wplug.org>
Subject: DevHousePgh on Tuesday July 21 at 6PM at Hack Pittsburgh

Dear wplug:
DevHousePgh 10 will be held on Tuesday, July 21st at Hack Pittsburgh
located at 1936, 5th Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15219 ENTRANCE IN REAR OF
BUILDING.  http://hackpgh.org.
Unlike other DevHousePgh events, this DevHousePgh will not have any
lightning talks but will be for the purpose of working with other
software coders on side projects, start up businesses models, and other
coding projects.  A core group of DevHousePgh participants will be
meeting at that time to formulate a strategy for DevHousePgh to rotate
between a set date every month where coders will meet to work on
projects and events where speakers & lightning talks are given along
with the coding opportunity.  At DevHousePgh 9 we discussed using the
Hack Pittsburgh space for maybe 8 coding events and then on a quarterly
basis, using Remedy's in Lawrenceville to have speakers on the 2nd floor
and coding on the 3rd floor.   We also are trying to pick a day of the
month to keep all DevHousePgh events on.  This will make it easier to
plan on attending.
I am thrilled that we have decided to work on developing this format
into something more dependable given the support we have received from
attendees based on a shot gun approach.  This has been a discussion
thread that a number of us have been having as we try to incorporate the
history of what Super Happy DevHouse offers participants in the West
Coast with our unique Pittsburgh spin on entrepreneurship at
DevHousePgh.
If you haven't done so already, it will make coordinating the group
easier and soliciting ideas and feedback if you join the following
collaboration groups:
Google group http://groups.google.com/group/devhousepgh
Twitter http://twitter.com/devhousepgh
We hope to see you on Tuesday and look for the next DevHousePgh with
traditional lightning talks to occur in August on a set day of the month
most likely at Remedy's in Lawrenceville followed by DevHousePgh 12 and
13 back at Hack Pittsburgh on the same day of the month in September and
October.  This way you can set your calendars, we can line up good
speakers from outside our group, and can hopefully develop some online
tools to request and schedule help with projects at upcoming DevHousePgh
events.
Take care,

Karl

----- End forwarded message -----