[wplug] Several questions

Pat Barron pat at tiderium.com
Wed Jan 7 12:03:14 EST 2009

terry mcintyre wrote:
> Amen! Regardless of distro, it's much simpler to backup your goodies
> to an external drive, wipe the main drive, and install the new OS.
>
> "upgrades" are seldom as painless as advertised. Besides which, most
> people need a good excuse to backup their systems, and this one'll do.
Well, just as a data point, I can tell you that I just did a Fedora 9 to
Fedora 10 upgrade (i.e., a real in-place upgrade, not
wipe-and-reinstall), and it was totally painless.  Surprisingly so, in
fact.  I just did it on a lark, wondering what would happen - I haven't
had a lot of success with OS "upgrades", myself.  So I was a little
surprised when it basically worked as advertised....

--Pat.