[wplug] WiMax in PA

DK wplug at curlynoodle.com
Wed Dec 30 09:29:13 EST 2009

I would hazard a guess that the market is the reason that WiMAX is not
yet available in Pittsburgh, not a conspiracy in our state and local
governments.

Anyone know of a law or otherwise which would discourage/prohibit roll
out of WiMAX in our region?

To my understanding, there have been at least two tech start-up
companies whom attempted to deliver WiMAX-like service in Allegheny
county in the last several years.  Both failed.  As to why, I do not
know.  But nevertheless, it has been tried.

Dave