[wplug] quick hardware question -- Dual Channel in Single Channel mode

Patrick Wagstrom patrick at wagstrom.net
Sat Oct 25 14:24:00 EDT 2008

I've got another stick of 1GB DDR-400 I can drop in, I just haven't opened
up the case in a while and figured I might do everything at once.  So
picking up 4x1GB sticks isn't a good idea because of two reasons: 1) I'm
left with 2 extra 1GB sticks laying around, and 2) the sale price is only
good on the first pair.

I'm aware of the issues with trying to run with 3GB and wasn't planning on
that.  Oh well, the sale price was only $20 for the ram.  If they don't
work, I can eBay them for more than that.

--Patrick